Obviously I do not know what the starting line-up will be, but here is my opinion. Please feel free to leave yours.
- PG: Luke Ridnour – Is there really a need to discuss until Jonny Flynn gets healthy? I would imagine some creative uses for other ball handlers. Maybe Point Power Forward?! Love has handles. Insert joke here___________.
- SG: Martell Webster – He becomes the No. 1 option on offense.
- SF: Michael Beasley – You don’t trade for him to sit him on the bench when you draft a SF at No. 4.
- PF: Kevin Love – It’s time. He is going to be an All-Star.
- C: Darko Milicic – Who else?
- 6th Man: Corey Brewer – He will play mostly as a SG unless Wayne Ellington showed enough in Summer League. And I don’t think he did.
- 7th Man: Wes Johnson – He needs to play. I imagine he will see minutes alongside Brewer on the second unit to score while Brewer defends.
- 8th Man: Nikola Pekovic – This is why I was not in favor of trading Ryan Hollins. We are now thin on big man. Hope Pekovic is ready.
- 9th Man: No clue.
Once Flynn is healthy, everyone will move down a step. I can see the Wolves sticking with a 9-man rotation and then having chances to play small with Love at center, or going big – wait their starting line-up is pretty good sized. Ellington will see some minutes, but I am not sure where. Same goes for Lazar Hayward.
I have the fear of God Ridnour is going to injury him self early in the season and then all the media will point and laugh at David Kahn for not keeping all the points guards he drafted last year. Is that irony?
Anyway, let me know what you think is the best and most likely starting lineup.