I am not a being preview/recap guy and I don’t want to spend too much time knit picking every play, so I will try to give quick overviews of my thoughts on the Wolves first couple games and other teams/players in the NBA.
- I love the chemistry of this roster. And no matter what people say, chemistry matters.
- Luke Ridnour impresses me is shooting has been better then advertised. Granted, it has only been three games.
- Darko has to be more than a black-hole on the block. Especially when this season his averages are is 22 minutes, 24% shooting from the field, 67% from the foul-line, 5.3 rpg and 4.7 ppg. The only bright spot – he is averaging 3.3 blocks per game which is 3rd in the league. But come one, please show me something!
- Micheal Beasley has been great to watch. He has hustled, made big shots, and looks very motivated. But Beasley’s relationship with the fans reminds me of Randy Moss when he was with the Vikings – either time. I hope it ends better.
- Kevin Love needs to remember that it is OK not shot the 3-point shot every time you get the ball there. But I love the double-doubles.
- Corey Brewer still impresses me. Even though he is not starting – and without an extension, he is an important player off the bench. He brings a ton of hustle and athletic ability and has improved his shooting.
- I don’t understand limiting Love to 25 mins a game. What is the point? Saving him for the playoffs…wait. Nope. He is only 22 years old.
- Wes Johnson has a nice jumper, can get off the floor, rebounds well, but struggles with ball-handling. All in all, I like him as a player…so far.
- Kosta Koufos has the worst hair in the league. But is surprisingly productive with his minutes.
- Anthony Tolliver has been fun to watch, but the only way he should play over Love is if Love loses an arm.
- I still think Sebastian Telfair is gone once Jonny Flynn gets healthy.
- I do wonder what will happen to the rotation when Flynn and Martell Webster return.
- The Wolves average 55 rebounds a game which is best in the league. They also grab 12.7 rebounds more a game than their opponents.
Other NBA Thoughts
- The Heat will struggle on the road, but could very well go undefeated at home. Mike Miller needs to get healthy ASAP!
- Depth will not be an issue with the Lakers, but Kobe does not look great. But give it time.
- The Clippers are 0-4 and Baron Davis is out of shape, but Blake Griffin looks amazing averaging a double-double (give him the ROY already) and Eric Gordon is legit.
- Even though the Magic were destroyed by the Heat, I still think they will meet in the Eastern Conference Finals.
- The Cavs beat the Celtics, but I have to believe we will see roster moves ala David Kahn in the next 14 months.
- Houston Rockets = my favorite non-Minnesota team. They added Brad Miller and Courtney Lee from free agency, Luis Scola is 3rd in scoring in the NBA, and this team looks legit.
- Monta Ellis averages 27 ppg and is shooting 59% from the field. He is going to be an All-Star reserve. Write it down!
- The Pistons make me sad. Richard Hamilton is counting down the days to the trading deadline.
- You know Kevin Durant is the leading scorer in the league, Scola is third, but do you know who is second? Derrick Rose. Boozer can not come back soon enough.
- Rajon Rondo amazes me. He is leading the league with 16.7 assist per game and is third on the team in rebounding at 6.3 per game (Paul Peirce is 2nd). Only through three games, but still. That’s amazing! I can’t wait for Kendrick Perkins to come back and then the insanity will ensue! PS Glen Davis is scoring as much as KG.
- New Orleans’ Marcus Thornton for Sixth Man Of The Year! Like the Cavs, this roster is going to blown up.
- Maybe Chauncey Billups is tried from this summer, but he is not playing well. That can not make the Denver front office feel good. Outcome = see the Cavs and Hornets. Enjoy Melo while you can.
- The Bucks look bad, I feel bad for Michael Redd, he is a classy guy. But that is $18M not even in street clothes.
- Dallas is old and Dirk is leading the team in rebounding – look out.
Well, the Wolves face the Heat tonight in Miami, and it could be ugly. Or the Wolves could step it up and make a game of it.
Here are the Wolves next five games;
- Nov. 2nd @ Miami
- Nov. 3rd @ Orlando
- Nov. 5th Vs. Atlanta
- Nov. 7th @Houston
- Nov. 9th @ LA Lakers
Tags: AnytonyTolliver Blake Griffin Brad Miller Courtney Lee David Kahn Eric Gordon Jonny Flynn Kevin Love Kobe Bryant Kosta Koufos Luke Ridnour Martell Webster Michael Beasley Monta Ellis Sebastian Telfair Wesley Johnson