The Timberwolves were the lead story on Sportcenter last night, and it was becuase of our good friend Kevin Love scoring 31 points and grabbing 31 rebounds in the Wolves in over the Knicks. Love is the first player to have a 30-30 games since Moses Malone did it in 1982 with the Rockets.
Love stat line is awesome;
- 41 Mins
- 11-for-26 from the field
- 1-for-4 from distance
- 8-for-10 from the foul line
- 12 Offensive Rebounds
- 19 Defensive Rebounds
- 1 block
- 5 assists
Love again proves why I believe he will be an All-Star. In his last five games, Love is averaging just over19 points and 18 rebounds a game. And while Love will deservedly get the headlines, there are a couple other players who need a few mentions from last night’s games.
- Michael Beasley backed-up his 42-point game with a 35-point game. In those games, both wins, Beasley shot 55% from the field and 50% from distance.
- Wesley Johnson has to climb the ladder of Rookie Rankings. He is quietly averaging 10.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 2 apg.
Other Wolves Thoughts
- Sebastian Telfair has pretty well as the back-up. He is hitting open shots and provides a spark off the bench. He is averaging 10.2 ppg and 3.8 apg. Telfair has had 5 double-digit scoring games, but no double-digit assist games. Then again, neither has Luke Ridnour.
- After starting fur games, Wayne Ellington has seen his minutes diminish and has not appeared in the last three games. Are their injury concerns?
- As a team, the Wolves shoot 75% from the foul line, with five guy shooting 80% or above.
- The offense still bothers me. It is very one-on-one and at times it is not very fluid.
- Darko needs to be benched. He is not playing well. Other than blocking 2.3 shots a game, he is shooting on 30% and grabbing only 5.4 rpg. No good. Put Nikola Pekovic in – seriously!
- It seems like Kurt Rambis has shorten his bench, which I like. Go with the players who are going to keep in games. Have a second unit, but there is a reason they are not starting.
Here is my rotation:
- Starters: Love, Beasley, Telfair, Johnson and Pekovic
- Bench: Gaines, Brewer, Milicic, and Tolliver.
- Once Jonny Flynn is healthy, I hope the Wolves keep Telfair. That second unit could be crazy energy with Tolliver, Brewer, Telfair or Flynn. Ridnour will start for a while to let Jonny get back in shape.