Much of the hype around Minneapolis this season has been about Kevin Love’s new look. Oh and he’s having a great season too. Yeah Kevin Love slimmed down, toned up his phisique, grew out his buzz-cut, bla bla bla. But the underground hype remains on Love’s decision to get rid of his “Color Me Badd” beard. Love has man’d out his beard, and let it grow all over his face. No more chin strap! Here’s a blog dedicated to Love’s maturation in the facial hair department.
Let’s take a look at Love’s closest competetion on the Timberwolves, and some other notable beards in NBA history.
- Brad Miller. Love’s “older twin brother” on the team is a veteran of the NBA beard. Miller has experimented with the goatee/headband combo, only to experience maturation as well in his beard evolution. Miller now sports the standard man-beard and you can hardly tell the difference between him and Love on the court! Let’s all raise our Norelco’s in salute!
- Ricky Rubio. Those Spanish NBA guys really have a pashion for growing neck beards. Rubio’s black neck beard has no rival in today’s NBA other than Lebron James. Congrats to Rubio for already having the thickest beard on the team.
Other notable beards:
- Bill Walton. Need I say more. Not one player in NBA history can match his orange hippy beard in the late 70′s. Rumor has it, he nicknamed himself “Johnny Red Beard” while on tour with the Grateful Dead.
- Mark Eaton. This lumbering oaf from the Utah Jazz blocked a lot of shots in his day.
- Baron Davis. Should be a beard model.
- Phil Jackson. This photo of Phil from the 70′s says it all. Who knows what was buried in that thing. And it was the 70′s, no way was he conditioning that man muff!