Michael Beasley had his first breakout performance of the season on Monday night versus the Rockets. Beasley scored 34 points in leading the Timberwolves to 120-108 victory. This was the Timberwolves highest scoring output of the season, avenging a loss to the Rockets just one week earlier. Head Coach Rick Adelman avoided questions about whether Beasley is better suited for coming off the bench where he can just look to score. I personally discussed this with a “Hair-Helmeted” analyst from parts unknown in Minnesota, and we concurred that Beasley best role would be to come off the bench. If he plays well, he can be a tremendous spark for the Timberwolves with his scoring ability. If he has an off game, you can sit him during the crucial points of the game and no one will wonder why he isn’t playing.
What are some other Deep Thoughts from Monday night?
- Wes Johnson is NOT an NBA player right now. Another 2-7 shooting performance, with 6 TURNOVERS! Half of those come from dribbling off his knee or trying to pass to a teammate when he should be shooting it. FSN commentator, Jim Peterson, could barely take it anymore on Monday as he threw out several talking points usually reserved for a high school player.
- Robby Incmikoski is an embarrassment to professional broadcasting. His halftime interview with Beasley was completely awkward, and you can tell he never played the game. You might want to think about going to E! or something Robbie. Kevin Lynch, you are better, but no by much. I’m coming after you next time.
- Ricky Rubio and Kevin Love are so consistent this season, it’s barely worth noting every time they put together outstanding games. Monday night was no different.
- Martell Webster. Time to consider him as the starting “2”? Wes Johnson needs to be demoted, and the Timberwolves would probably be better off starting some size in the backcourt. Martell has looked good so far, coming in with a lot of energy and strong guard skills that Mr. Wes Johnson does not have.
- “Pek” gave the Timberwolves another solid effort. Please keep playing him coach! Darko and Wes both need to be banned!
The Timberwolves play the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night at Target Center as part of Hardwood Classic night. The Timberwolves will wear the old ABA League jerseys once donned by the Minnesota Muskies. We actually named a team that? Not too far off from the Iowa Muskrats or the Wisconsin Mud Pies. Well it’s not the 60’s anymore, looking forward to the old-school jerseys.