- Looks like Minnesota will be without mainstay Andrei Kirilenko. This is huge blow as they will be replacing him with D-Will and Josh Howard. Hopefully, Williams goes off like last year.
- Lee and Howard just started off the game with consecutive 3′s. Good start for them.
- Billups still showing that he’s still a valuable player in this league. Getting to the free throw line will keep anyone in the league (i.e. Corey Maggette).
- Clippers announcers trying to figure out how to pronounce the Wolves foreign player’s names is mildly amusing.
- The lack of perimeter defense and Minny’s inability to feed Pekovic down low is going to kill them. Pekovic already has 6 quick points, but could easily have 12.
- Derrick Williams sighting!! Looks like he’s out of the doghouse. For now atleast.
- Another odd ref moment. Official inadvertently blew the whistle and guaranteed 2 points for Minnesota.
- Minny leads 28-23.
- Williams looks like his college self. He’s aggressive and actually finishing around the hoop.
- This bench unit for Minnesota is actually overachieving offensively, it’s just that they aren’t getting back in transition.
- 13 fast break points for the Clippers already.
- Wolves looking really stagnant. Good idea to go down low to either Pek or Love right now. Will really help with the lack of penetration by guards.
- Malcolm Lee has had two pretty good games. Let’s see him continue that.
- DeAndre Jordan actually has a post game. Combine that with his length and this is a scary option for the Clippers to go to.
- Kevin Love taking over for Minnesota and has the Wolves down 55-57.
- Chris Paul’s defense is really underrated. His man on man and help D might be a bit off, but he’s very aggressive with steals.
- Love and Billups in a contest whoever can draw the most fouls. Both of them getting some star calls to go their way.
- Free throws are single handedly keeping Minnesota in this game. This deficit is getting narrower and narrower.
- This free throw streak is getting ridiculous at this point. I really shouldn’t be complaining though, this is the best way to get back into the game.
- NBA’s Christmas ad with stars bouncing basketballs in tune to carols is really something. Best commercial I’ve seen in a while.
- Chris Paul just schooling Minnesota’s guards. Neither of them can stay in front of him.
- Minnesota has more than doubled Los Angeles’ free throw attempts.
- Wolves 77 Clippers 76
- Derrick Williams showing why he was in the doghouse so long. An ill-advised drive resulted in a quick turnover and he gets two sloppy shots off.
- Malcolm Lee just got 3 consecutive offensive rebounds. Unfortunately, they were all off his own misses from around 5 feet away.
- Shved’s 3-point stroke is very smooth, but his actual shooting percentage is quite low.
- Matt Barnes on a 3 game technical streak. Somehow hasn’t got a letter from the commissioner.
- Jordan killing Minnesota on the offensive glass. I don’t understand why Pekovic guards Griffin and Love guards DeAndre. It’s a mismatch for Minny on both sides.
- Wolves getting killed on the glass right now. Rare with both Pek and Love in for that to happen.
- Jordan absolutely killing the Wolves right now.
- Shved drills two free throws to get the lead down to 2. Clippers leading 93-90.
- Pek just made a huge mistake and fouled Paul on the shot. He made both free throws and now it is 95-90.
Tags: Minnesota Timberwolves