- After an extended break (last game was on the 7th) and a potentially team wrecking article about Love, the Timberwolves will try to even the series with Denver after losing with them in their first meeting.
- A retrospective of Kenneth Faried’s impact versus Derrick William’s ought to make any self respecting GM blush. Talk about a steal.
- Pekovic’s ineffectiveness in the low block continues. He’s just clanking everything off the rim.
- Apparently, nothing Minny shoots is going to go in. Denver meanwhile is heating up really fast.
- Love off to a bad start. He’s 0-6 all while giving the struggling Faried 11 points in the opening minutes.
- Minnesota playing extremely sloppy. Not getting back on defense, allowing penetration, etc. This looks like a Rambis level of ineptitude.
- Now the bench unit decides to mess it up even further. Wolves down 10.
- Derrick Williams getting some burn as Josh Howard is out with an illness.
- Wolves second unit (a.k.a. their rotation before Love came back) is actually performing quite admirably. D-Will may still not know how to finish but he is hustling pretty good.
- Minnesota couldn’t buy a 3 pointer if they tried. This is getting just pathetic. How are a bunch of well paid professionals not able to make an open shot on a consistent basis?
- How the Wolves are still with in striking distance is beyond me. Must be Denver’s bad defense.
- For all of his offensive struggles, Pekovic’s defense has been top notch. His rotations are flawless and the weight loss is helping with shot blocking.
- Wolves end up with a 51-50 lead into the half.
- Malcolm Lee tweaked his ankle midway through the second quarter. He has yet to return.
- Love starting off with 2 turnovers.
- Wolves might be sucking on this whole shooting business, but the fouls that they are drawing up now will pay off at the end of the game.
- Word coming on Lee’s injury. It was a hyper extended knee, which is a lot more serious than a simple sprain. Hopefully, it’s a quick recovery.
- Luke Ridnour just hit the first 3 of the game. In the 3rd quarter.
- It still astounds me that the score of this game is still in Minnesota’s favor.
- Javale McGee picked up his 5th foul. He had been destroying the Wolves with his shotblocking. Fortunately, his lack of a brain overcame any signs of physical superiority.
- Wolves end the quarter leading 77-70.
- Dante Cunningham’s combination of hustle, midrange sniping and defense will earn him playing time in Adelman’s system.
- Derrick Williams posting up small forwards seems like a good niche for him to start off with.
- The 2nd unit is killing Denver right now. JJ’s drive n’ dish game is starting to finally bloom as players as making their shots.
- Pekovic is murdering Denver’s bigs right now. None of their post players are nearly strong enough to keep up with him.
- A game becomes so much more enjoyable once the players actually make wide open shots and short bunnies.
- Love getting dominated by Faried today. His lack of defense is being compounded by his lack of offense. Playing against the Human Energizer Bunny isn’t helping either.
- Barea continuing to carry this bench unit with his shooting and drives.
- Wolves turnover the ball with 33.4 seconds after failing to inbound the ball.
- Minny takes it 108-105.
Tags: Minnesota Timberwolves