- Looks like Rubio will be held out of this game due to back spasms. Wolves will still have the advantage due to Phoenix’s laughable ineptitude to do anything consistently.
- Another big storyline tonight is Roy’s decision to take an extra 3 to 4 weeks to do further rehab “therapy”. While no one is certain of what it is, Roy feels like it is worth doing.
- Love vs. Scola 2.0: These two players definitely have some animosity with each other after Love’s foot took it to Scola’s face.
- Pekovic with 6 quick points over Gortat. Pek owned him last year and will continue to make that a trend this game.
- Wolves offense clicking early as Love starts 2-3 from the field and Kirilenko is being his typical versatile self.
- Scola has two quick baskets to bring the Wolves lead down 17-15.
- Kevin Love’s shooting touch is returning tonight. He and his team are currently shooting an astronomical 73%.
- Jared Dudley, Goran Dragic and Marcin Gortat are the only true consistent threats on offense for Phoenix. If they bottleneck these players, Phoenix will flounder and be unable to get any consistent offensive threat going.
- The fact of how bad Beasley and Johnson are doing for Phoenix shows how big the drop off of talent last year’s Wolves had after Love and Rubio.
- A couple of turnovers by Minnesota has brought Phoenix back within two points. This game has really taken a sloppy, defense-optional feel to it right now.
- Derrick Williams has really started to pick up his level of play. His 3 point shooting is currently the best on Minnesota’s roster.
- Wolves going with a gigantic lineup of JJ Barea, Dante Cunningham, Derrick Williams, Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic.
- Suns not going away and staying within striking distance with some tough shots. Their fast break offense is going to be effective against Minnesota’s lack of athleticism.
- Suns are an underrated shooting team but negate with atrocious defense. One of their few talented defenders, PJ Tucker, is a bad enough offensive player that he balances out any defensive contribution that he makes.
- Scola just dominating Minnesota with 16 points. Wolves need to be wary of this scoring pace. This is Phoenix’s pace not, Minnesota’s slower more precise one.
- Wolves still haven’t filled up the last roster spot left open by Josh Howard. Will be nice to see an impact player sign in that last spot.
- Minnesota with 9 turnovers already. This is going to hurt the Wolves as Phoenix gets chances to convert on extra possessions.
- Wolves offense starting to click as they stretch their lead out to 72-63.
- Kirilenko has decided to make his offensive game predicated on back cuts for layups and dunks. Talk about efficient.
- Shved just flipped a half court pass to Pekovic for a beautiful dunk. That was an amazing play that never should have happened.
Topics: Minnesota Timberwolves