The Minnesota Timberwolves are being very cautious when it comes to the availability of small forward Jaden McDaniels. If you recall, McDaniels competed in the first preseason game against the Dallas Mavericks, playing 19 minutes and putting up nine points, five rebounds, one assist, and one block. But he did not suit up for the second preseason game, as he had suffered a minor injury, a left calf strain.
But one week later, there has been little information regarding the progress that McDaniels is making on the road to recovery. While the team has categorized this as a minor injury, the impact on Jaden McDaniels and the Timberwolves roster appears to be growing ever larger.
What is the latest injury report for Timberwolves Jaden McDaniels status? It’s not good, as the team will hold McDaniels out of today’s preseason game. Perhaps even more concerning is the statement that the team will re-evaluate McDaniels again in ten days:
And so, the Wolves will keep McDaniels out of this one. If the past is any indication, that would suggest that the Timberwolves will give the start to Nickeil Alexander-Walker. Under similar circumstances in the Timberwolves’ second preseason game, NAW played 16 minutes, scored six points, hauled in two rebounds, had one steal, and blocked one shot.
Other players who saw action at the 3 included Troy Brown Jr., Leonard Miller, and Kyle Anderson.
Here are more selected hot stories you may enjoy about the Minnesota Timberwolves:
- NBA Rumors: Will Karl-Anthony Towns be auditioning for his next NBA team?
- KAT’s offseason comments were alarming, but not for the reasons you think
- Who gets more Timberwolves PF minutes? KAT, Slo-Mo, Minott, or other?
- How does this team compare to the 2003-04 Minnesota Timberwolves?
- Timberwolves decision over McDaniels’ extension could shake the future of the entire NBA
- Wolves foresee Shake Milton powering the bench this season