Naz Reid’s passionate play in physical victory
The game was quite physical, and the Naz Reid of yesteryear may have wilted against such talented and determined opposition in the past. But this is a new and improved Naz Reid, a young player who embodies the passion of a fan base that has watched him from his modest G-League playing days and has cheered along every step of the way.
Naz Reid led the Timberwolves in scoring in this one, dropping 22 points in just 19 minutes of play off the bench. He also added a rebound, an assist, a steal, and a block for good measure. While everyone focuses on the points scored, each and every play that Naz Reid made helped the Minnesota Timberwolves secure a very competitive win.
Reid leads the Wolves in scoring
How good was Naz Reid in this one?
Naz Reid was more than just a guy coming off the bench in this one. He was an emotional spark. He brought the firepower with his five of eight treys to put up 22 points in a game that the Timberwolves won by a nine-point margin. He brought the fire as well, breaking the tie-game deadlock after three quarters leading the Timberwolves to a fourth-quarter rally that turned out to be the game right there.
In the end, the Minnesota Timberwolves invested in a promising young NBA center for the future. But Naz Reid is already delivering on that investment, today.
You may enjoy these Minnesota Timberwolves articles as well:
- NBA Rumors: Will Karl-Anthony Towns be auditioning for his next NBA team?
- Shake Milton cements Wolves role as he knocks Knicks around
- Who gets more Timberwolves PF minutes? KAT, Slo-Mo, Minott, or other?
- How does this team compare to the 2003-04 Minnesota Timberwolves?
- Timberwolves decision over McDaniels’ extension could shake the future of the entire NBA
- Wolves foresee Shake Milton powering the bench this season