McDaniels’ injury more precaution than concern
The other major issue that surrounds the future and even current status of SF Jaden McDaniels is his current injury status. He appeared in just one preseason game due to a nagging calf injury. Unto itself, that is not a huge concern. But that piggybacks onto the self-inflicted broken hand that prevented Jaden McDaniels from competing in all postseason games last season.
This season, the status of Jaden McDaniels appears to be trending very much in the positive direction. In fact, the benching of McDaniels for preseason games may have had as much to do with precaution as medical direction.
I think that he will be ready to start the 2023-24 NBA season
Is this the season McDaniels earns NBA All-Defense Team honors?
McDaniels is an elite NBA defender. He has a proven track record of holding even elite NBA scorers well below their season averages. And his age is such that he will continue to improve and develop alongside Anthony Edwards.
But even as the Minnesota Timberwolves hold him in such high regard, he has not earned honors from the NBA at large. That is not uncommon for small-market NBA teams, and the Minnesota Timberwolves fit that small-market NBA team category. Of course, all 30 NBA teams covet Jaden McDaniels’ skills and want him as soon as trade talks begin between the Timberwolves and other NBA teams.
You may enjoy these Minnesota Timberwolves articles as well:
- How do you grade these 8 Timberwolves players as preseason winds down?
- Shake Milton cements Wolves role as he knocks Knicks around
- Wolves waive 1, convert promising PG from Exh-10 to 2-Way contract
- Timberwolves depth chart shockingly robust for 2023-24
- Timberwolves surprisingly signed 2 as the team is still tinkering with the roster
- Foreshadow for 2024 NBA Trade Deadline? Timberwolves cross-train Naz Reid to 4, is KAT an odd-man out to create McDaniels salary cap space?