When the Minnesota Timberwolves recently extended small forward Jaden McDaniels, the Timberwolves front office completed every task that was on their ‘To Do,’ list for the off-season. Which should lead to a remarkable 2023-24 NBA season.
Of course, there is always the risk of a player suffering injury. And as (bad) luck would have it, the Timberwolves will not show any benefit to the newly extended McDaniels. You see, the preseason calf injury has not healed just yet, and that means that he will be out until the team returns to face the Miami Heat at Target Center on October 27, 2023.
The full story of McDaniels’ injury and progress can be found in the Timberwolves press release below:
That means that the Timberwolves will likely start Nickeil Alexander-Walker at small forward, with healthy amounts of minutes dolled out to Shake Milton, Kyle Anderson, and Troy Brown Jr. in this one as well.
The Minnesota Timberwolves (5-0) travel to take on the Toronto Raptors (4-0) at 6:30 pm CT on Wednesday, October 23, 2023. With McDaniels out, this game could be a closely contested game. A win would be a great way to kick off the new season.
Here are more interesting Minnesota Timberwolves articles to check out as well:
- Lighten the mood? Timberwolves Rudy Gobert embraces the dark
- How does Minnesota Timberwolves President Tim Connelly do it?
- The Timberwolves roster is finalized for the 2023-24 season, and it may floor you
- Timberwolves fans need to come to grips with important new NBA rule
- Minnesota Timberwolves are going to love this latest update
- RED HOT: Jaden McDaniels’ deal paints Timberwolves into a corner